Re: logs

From: Grant Allen <gxallen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 09:13:48 +1100

On 3/2/06, Jim Silverman <jsilverman_at_solucient.com> wrote:

> You could examine the listener.log, located at $ORACLE_HOME/network/log.
> I've never found anything terribly useful there, but it is something you
> could check for network-type issues.

Believe me, it can be a very handy log file. I had a client in December with Listener crash and hang issues, and this little log showed the 470000 (yes, four hundred and seventy thousand) connections that had been made that month.

We shot the developer responsible :-)

I agree with Jared - automate monitoring of this. I hear perl is useful for this, right Jared? :-P

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)