Re: Weird Oracle Error with a Java Call

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:24:25 -0500

On 02/24/2006 08:06:51 AM, Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) wrote:

> If we just replace the package body, the function does not get marked as
> needing recompile. But the Java application still throws an Oracle
> error - Ora-6508 - program unit not found. Once the application is
> restarted, all is fine.

Tom, you probably have something in the library cache that is marked invalid, and because it's just a body, Oracle doesn't see the need to reload it. You can try seeing what's in the library cache, by looking into V$LIBRARYCACHE or, if everything else fails, dump library cache through oradebug by doing:

ORADEBUG DUMP LIBRARY_CACHE 12

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com