Weird Oracle Error with a Java Call

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:06:51 -0500

All,

We are running Curam applications here and have encountered a very weird error.

Curam is Java code. A java program calls an Oracle function that calls an Oracle package. For some reason we can't call the package directly - but that is not the problem.

If we install a new version of the package, the function rightly gets marked as needing a compile. A subsequent Java call fails and the application needs to be restarted.

If we just replace the package body, the function does not get marked as needing recompile. But the Java application still throws an Oracle error - Ora-6508 - program unit not found. Once the application is restarted, all is fine.

Anybody got any ideas about what is going on?

Thanks

Tom