Re: RE: stdby and Oracle licensing

From: MARK BRINSMEAD <mark.brinsmead_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 16:13:02 -0700

Agreed.

Getting licensing information out of Oracle is almost like pulling teeth.

Getting *accurate* licensing information is *much* harder.

It has been my experience that I need to ask the same question *at least* 5 times before getting a credible answer, and even then, I usually have to fall back to reading the OLSA (or one of its annexes) to decide whether an answer is actually correct.

Hmmm... I wonder. Does Oracle Corp. provide consulting services to the IRS or Canada Revenue Agency? Or maybe could it be the other way around? ;-)