Re: Looking for a Script to list tables,its indexes and sizing info

From: Mark Brinsmead <mark.brinsmead_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 17:48:39 -0700

Or maybe ASM?

As I recall, dynamically resolving "hot spots" is part of the propaganda -- er, I mean announced features -- of ASM. I haven't been daring enough to actually *try* ASM yet, so I rely mostly on rumour and -- when motivated enough -- documentation. Does anybody have any experiences they care to share? With regard to ASM and I/O balancing, that is...

The major downside to SAME is that (with some RAID technologies, anyway) adding capacity can still be painful. Of course, if you don't approach the idea literally, that pain /can/ be limited.