tracing oracle filesystem access

From: Pakhutkin, Maxim (Max) <maxim.pakhutkin_at_paetec.com>
Date: 2006-01-11 19:08:11

Does anyone know of a way to trace/audit which files and directories oracle accesses \ either via PL/SQL (utl_file_dir) and java? I'm trying to restrict java access and pl/sql \ access to the filesystem, but would like to be able to monitor existing access patterns to \ make sure I will not break any functionality when I apply the restriction.

The only way I can think of is by monitoring server processes with truss, but that would \ be pretty cumbersome. The other way is to somehow put a wrapper around sys.utl_file (but \ what about java?).

Thanks in advance.

Max Pakhutkin     Received on Wed Jan 11 2006 - 19:08:11 CST