RE: AQ Vs Streams

From: McCartney, Bruce <bruce.mccartney_at_dbinfosystems.com>
Date: 2006-01-04 01:51:07

Raja,
AQ is a lower level feature for generic message processing based on user-defined events. Streams uses AQ to enable replication events to be queued. The Streams API sits on top of both AQ and LOGMINER and facilitates high-level definition and management of event-based replication.
Hope that helps...

Bruce