A Challenge

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:17:42 -0600

This is just for fun, I have a solution but wondering what others would do. I will post mine later.

Task:
Monitor load average on a unix host.

Requirements:
* Notify me via email when load exceeds 8 for more than 60 minutes.

Challenge:
Can you come up with a solution to this problem using existing scripts/utilities (home grown or otherwise)? Ideally lines/$$ required to implement the better. Just wondering what others might do.