Re: backup best practices

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 15:17:46 +0200

In my opinion backups are not worth the trouble. It is the RESTORE that is important.
If you do periodic restores and they work, there is no need for cold backup.

As for bouncing the db, there is no point. I think that periodic bounce of the whole server is important, but db bounce is not.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel