RE: No data in the sql_address column of v$session

From: Lex de Haan <lex.de.haan_at_naturaljoin.nl>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 12:25:08 +0200

in the old days, many releases ago (up until 5.1) Oracle did not even support COMMIT and ROLLBACK as SQL commands;
for example, in SQL*Plus they were SQL*Plus commands. That is: no semicolon needed to execute them, and they would not end up in the SQL buffer. SQL*Plus would simply send the "appropriate" lower level commands to the database.

cheers,

Lex.

Steve Adams Seminar http://www.naturaljoin.nl/events/seminars.html