Veritas netbackup and RMAN restore

From: GUPTA, DEEPENDER <DGUPTA_at_entergy.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:55:06 -0500

We use RMAN to backup our databases and using Veritas Netbackup to save the backup sets on Tape. For Testing purpose I am restoring a 150 GB database from Tape for the last 3 days and it is taking long long time to restore the datafiles and archive files from Tape. On an average it takes about 7-8 hours to restore one set of data files on disk (irrespective of the size). Can anybody help how to improve the restore speed?

Thanks.