Username with failed login

From: Mike Schmitt <mschmitt_at_uchicago.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:00:40 -0500

Hi All,

I am trying to catch failed login attempts by using an after servererror database trigger. We would like to be able to catch the username that is being provided with these attempts, but so far I haven't had any luck.

Is is possible to capture the name that was provided as part of the logon attempt and record that information, or do we have to use a different method?

The edited trigger/proc we are using look like the following (We are using 9.2.0.4):

TRIGGER:
create or replace trigger

    test_trig
AFTER SERVERERROR ON DATABASE
DECLARE
BEGIN
IF (IS_SERVERERROR (1017))
THEN
p_failed_logon;
END IF;
END;
/

PROCEDURE:
create or replace procedure p_failed_logon as
BEGIN
insert into ........ values(

    sys_context('USERENV','SESSION_USER'),
    sys_context('USERENV','SESSION_USERID'),
    sys_context('USERENV','AUTHENTICATION_TYPE'),
    'FAILED',
    sysdate,
    sysdate,
    sys_context('USERENV','IP_ADDRESS'),
    sys_context('USERENV','HOST'),
    sys_context('USERENV','OS_USER'),
    sys_context('USERENV','NETWORK_PROTOCOL'),
    sys_context('USERENV','TERMINAL')

);
END;