clone the instnace on windows 2000 server

From: raja rao <raja4list_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:47:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

oracle 8i. (8174)
os: win2000 server.
(basically this is a people soft datebase, being cloned from W2k to anotehr w2k machine)

Is there any specific process to follow to clone an instnace onto a windows 2000 server machine

I set the sid at command prompt and tried to svrmgrl. I am getting tns protocol adapter error.

Not sure whether any prerequisite should be run /setup from winodws prior to clone (to setup instnace specific info)

Can someone throw some lihgt on this.

(usually I work on solaris and it is not a big deal to setup env and clone.
Just ORACLE_SID,ORACLE_HOME,LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PATH, NLS is enough for me on solaris. )

But not sure about this windowz.

Any helpful DOCIDs/urls / other help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in adv,
Raj

Do You Yahoo!?