Re: clone the instnace on windows 2000 server

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 20:04:47 -0600

You need to create and start a service first. See oradim.exe

DIM-00002: Valid commands are: -DELETE, -EDIT, -NEW, -STARTUP, and -SHUTDOWN Please enter one of the following command:

   Create an instance by specifying the following parameters:      -NEW -SID sid | -SRVC service [-INTPWD password] [-MAXUSERS number] [-STARTMODE a|m] [-PFILE file] [-TIMEOUT secs]

   Edit an instance by specifying the following parameters:      -EDIT -SID sid [-NEWSID sid] [-INTPWD password] [-STARTMODE auto|manual] [-PFILE filename]

           [-SHUTMODE a|i|n] [-SHUTTYPE srvc|inst|srvc,inst] [-TIMEOUT seconds]    Delete instances by specifying the following:      -DELETE -SID sid | -SRVC service name    Startup services and instance by specifying the following parameters:      -STARTUP -SID sid [-USRPWD password] [-STARTTYPE srvc|inst|srvc,inst] [-PFILE filename]

   Shutdown services and instance by specifying the following parameters:      -SHUTDOWN -SID sid [-USRPWD password] [-SHUTTYPE srvc|inst|srvc,inst] [-SHUTMODE a | i | n]

   Query for help by specifying the following parameters: -? | -h | -help

At 07:47 PM 8/3/2005, raja rao wrote:
>Hi All,
>

>oracle 8i. (8174)
>os: win2000 server.
>(basically this is a people soft datebase, being cloned from W2k to
>anotehr w2k machine)
>
>Is there any specific process to follow to clone an instnace onto a
>windows 2000 server machine
>
>I set the sid at command prompt and tried to svrmgrl.
>I am getting tns protocol adapter error.
>
>Not sure whether any prerequisite should be run /setup from winodws
>prior to clone (to setup
>instnace specific info)
>
>Can someone throw some lihgt on this.
>
>(usually I work on solaris and it is not a big deal to setup env and clone.
>Just ORACLE_SID,ORACLE_HOME,LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PATH, NLS is enough for me on
>solaris. )
>
>But not sure about this windowz.
>
>Any helpful DOCIDs/urls / other help is greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks in adv,
>Raj

>http://mail.yahoo.com

Regards