Re: Patchset 9.2.0.7 for Sun Solaris and Red Hat Linux

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:17:51 -0400

Arnold, Sandra wrote:

> Does anyone know whether the patchset 9.2.0.7 has been released yet
> for Sun Solaris and Red Hat Linux? I noticed it was mentioned in the
> July Oracle Critical Patch update. However, when I went and tried to
> find it on Metalink I was unable to.
>

> Thanks,
>

> //Sandra Arnold///
> //Principal DBA///
>
> //NCI//// Information Systems//
>
> //Oak Ridge////, TN 37830//

Sandra, welcome to the planet Earth, 3rd rock from the Sun. I keep nagging about that patchset which was delayed because of 10.2 marketing release. The index.html part of the documentation will tell you all about he quality of the release and will certainly stimulate anybody to start using 10.2 in production right away. Rather then signing a petition for OEM packages, which was also signed by Scott Petersen (recently sentenced to death in CA) I'd gladly signed a petition for having more regular and predictable bug fixes. Patchset 9.2.0.6 was useless and Oracle is dragging its feet to provide a patchset that would make it useful. I wrote several messages about the @#$%! patchset 9.2.0.7. but obviosly nobody read them.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA