Re: Metalink forums - effects of the outsourcing

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:25:27 -0400

> I'm one of the two admin's for our CSI, and I see all of the stuff people
> submit a TAR for, and a LOT of it is pretty silly stuff. It's kind of
> interesting in that I can browse the TAR list and get a general idea of
> how knowledgeable various people are in our organization.

Same thing here. It seems like some people in our org use metalink for their day to day administration questions. I live in Canada and metalink is kind of like the hospital system. It works great if you have a really serious life/death situation but if you have a niggling problem, the wait will kill you.
I've gone the Cary Millsap route with Metalik, any advice they give me, I want to know where they got the advice and why they think it will solve the problem. Most of the stuff they give me are just blatant stabs in the dark.