Re: Subject: RE: Purge RMAN backups from old repository

From: Vitalis Jerome <vitalisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:08:29 +0200

Hi,

2 choices:
- start the 9i instance on another server and set up an additional TDPO configuration for this server with the same parameters as the primary server (i.e. make backup sets taken on server 1 accessible from server 2). Then perform the RMAN maintenance operations on this dummy instance.
or
- use the procedure Thomas showed you and execute command "tdposync" after reading its documentation. Be very careful about which backup pieces this tool proposes to delete though... (That's why I prefer choice 1)

Cheers,
Jerome