Subject: RE: Purge RMAN backups from old repository

From: Manmohan Jalsingh <mjalsing_at_lycos.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:40:39 -0500

Thanks Vitalis and Tom for your responses.

I need to drop the old RMAN backups from 9i repostory as well as from tsm media. I can use the old control file to mount the 9i instance and then delete the old backups. As, there is a 10g database running with same SID, Oracle may not allow me to start old 9i instance with same SID on same server. I will try using a different sid to mount the controlfile and then delete the old backups. The dbid and dbname will still be same so RMAN should be able to find the old backups.

Regards,
Manmohan
x5813

--