Re: 64 node Oracle RAC Cluster (The reality of...)

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:14:09 -0400

John Smiley wrote:

> Because if you have a single, shared ORACLE_HOME, you can't do rolling
> upgrades with RAC.

John, rolling upgrades are a legend. I work with RAC, I used to work with OPS and I've never
seen that done. Allegedly, it has only been done in the land of El Dorado. It's easier to find WMD
in Iraq then someone who has really done a rolling upgrade. The best you can do is to switch over
to standby, upgrade the primary database, then upgrade the standby and rebuild the standby.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA