RE: /usr/ucb/ps in hp unix

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 10:57:58 -0700

Arun, I seem to remember an environment setting that 'switched' the behavior of certain utilities to Berkeley mode - or it may have been a PATH settings. I had exactly the same issue you had and was able to run a 'ps' version that gave me what you are looking for...

This was about 8 years ago and on HPUX 10, so I may be mistaken. Blame it on loss of memory as we all get older, but this is a path worth pursuing.

Regards,
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Listen to great, commercial-free christian music 24x7x365 at http://www.klove.com

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of arun chakrapani rao Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 9:53 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: /usr/ucb/ps in hp unix

I tried glance
but how do we put this into a flat file or output so that i can used it to link to the database If you have any information on this please let me know thanks for the info Arun This is how i am doing on the sun and linux boxes this fires only when there is a high cpu utilization.

for p in `/usr/ucb/ps auxw|head -10|awk '{print $2":"$3}'|grep -v PID` do r=3D`echo $p|cut -d: -f1` c=3D`echo $p|cut -d: -f2` sqlplus -s / << EOF set heading off; set line 1000 select 'SPID '||b.spid||' with userid '||a.sid||'

is running '||c.event||' his usr,os,m/c,addr,prg is '|| a.username||' '||a.
machine||' '||a.osuser||' '||a.SQL_ADDRESS||'
'||a.program||' CPU=3D $c '

"USR_M/C_OSUSR_SQLADDR_PROG_CPU" from v\$session a,v \$process b, v\$session_wait c where a.PADDR=3Db.addr and a.sid=3Dc.sid and b.spid=3D$r; exit; EOF done

*************************

*************************
>=20
>=20
>=20

>=20
>

> Notice of Confidentiality=20
>=20

> This transmission (including attachments) contains information
>that=20  may be privileged, confidential and protected from
>disclosure. Unless=20  you are the intended recipient of the message
>(or  authorized to receive=20  it for the intended recipient) you may
>not copy,  forward, or otherwise=20  use it, or disclose it or its
>contents to anyone. If  you received this=20  transmission in error
>please notify us immediately,  permanently delete=20  the
>transmission(including attachments) from your  system, and destroy=20
>all hard copies.  Thank you.
>=20
>=20

> Email: security_usa_at_rsausa.com