RE: /usr/ucb/ps in hp unix

From: Khemmanivanh, Somckit <somckit.khemmanivanh_at_weyerhaeuser.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 11:10:09 -0700

Yes, that's an option also:

Setenv UNIX95 XPG4

ps -o comm,cpu,vsz,pid

COMMAND          C     VSZ   PID
-csh             0     380 16041
ps               2     280 19122=20

Thanks!=20
-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of John Kanagaraj Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 10:58 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: /usr/ucb/ps in hp unix

Arun, I seem to remember an environment setting that 'switched' the behavior
of certain utilities to Berkeley mode - or it may have been a PATH settings.
I had exactly the same issue you had and was able to run a 'ps' version that
gave me what you are looking for...

This was about 8 years ago and on HPUX 10, so I may be mistaken. Blame it on
loss of memory as we all get older, but this is a path worth pursuing.

Regards,
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)
=20

Listen to great, commercial-free christian music 24x7x365 at http://www.klove.com
=20

** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do
not reflect those of my employer or customers **