Re: Oracle RAC cost justification?

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 21:52:42 -0400

Tapan,
We start loosing money if users can't select stuff from the database. We have background processes that use AQ based mechanism to upload processed data. Most of our applications perform selects (a lot of them with sub-second response time), so the way implemented TAF, it is seamless for us and our users. Heck over 95% of them don't even know it is a RAC system with two nodes. They rarely see connection error messages, since we pre-connect for critical sessions.

Raj