RE: Oracle RAC cost justification?

From: Tapan Trivedi <taptriv_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 13:19:23 -0700 (PDT)

Has anyone implemented 'true TAF' i.e. TAF that works with updates, deletes and inserts as opposed to just selects. I know it is not supported but there are ways around it. Has anyone done it. I don't see how a business can do just selects and be OK justifying the cost of RAC. Does anyone have an application that does JUST SELECTS then it will be a true Transparent Application Failover - does anyone ? Raj, can you maybe discuss a little bit about the way your application works ? Tapan Trivedi

David <thump_at_cosmiccooler.org> wrote:
It works fine...
Users get errors and have to reconnect.
If that is okay, then that is cool.
For what I do though, that is unacceptable.

My point is I bet you can accomplish the same without RAC.