RE: pay_balance_values_v (ORACLE APPS HRMS) problem.

From: Nahata, Naveen (US - Hyderabad) <nnahata_at_deloitte.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 08:35:16 -0500

Jaffer,

In Oracle Applications, it is very easy to set the trace, especially when the users are using forms.

There are 2 ways of setting the trace in such a case:

  1. If you have access to the user, sit with him and just before he queries navigate to Help -> diagnostics -> Trace and select "Trace with binds and waits". Provide the apps password when prompted.
  2. Get the DB session information from Help -> About Oracle applications. You will see fields named version_database_process (spid), Server SID (sid), Serial#, AUDSID etc. Once you have that information you can set the trace using ORADEBUG, DBMS_SYSTEM.SET_EV or by using DBMS_SUPPORT. I recommend using ORADEBUG because every form the user opens will have a different SID, and hence you will lose the trace.

Once you get the trace file, you can format it using tkprof and analyze the problem.

If the session is a self service session, things get a bit more tricky. You will have to enable the trace by setting the profile "Initialization SQL Statement%Custom" at the user level and ask him to launch a new session. This will trace the entire length of the session

Naveen