Re: Oracle alternatives

From: Radu-Adrian Popescu <radu.popescu_at_aldratech.com>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 14:43:23 +0300 (EEST)

> Dick,
> Oracle will always be my first love, but I have been dabbling with MySql
> on
> the side. Your article, plus a few of your other posts, have gotten me a

DON'T ! (mysql, that is ;)

> bit
> curious about PostGres. What would be the best way to get started learned
> the specifics? I already have several linux boxen to play with. Got any
> book
> recommendations?
>
> TIA ... Robyn

There's an excellent book here http://commandprompt.com/ppbook/ and also the PostgreSQL documentation on the website is *excellent*. There's a lot of resources regarding administration, backup and performance tuning as well.

Regards,

--
Radu-Adrian Popescu
CSA, DBA, Developer