DBA Needed in Austin TX

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 00:09:21 +0100

!! Important !!
I am posting this in behalf of Jack Applewhite.

Please address replies to Jack Applewhite - his phone numbers are at the end of the email.

His email address is *JApplewhite_at_austinisd.org

*If you reply to me, it will go in the trash.

If these instructions are too difficult and you reply to me anyway, you are obviously over qualified for any DBA position, and there is no sense in forwarding your email to Jack.

Jared Still

Jack Applewhite
04/14/2005 08:45 AM

To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
cc:
Subject: DBA Needed in Austin, TX

Delete this if you're not looking for a position. Please accept my apologies if this "ad" is unwelcome.

Austin Independent School District needs another Oracle DBA to join me and another, internally-recruited, one (Rachel, looks like Marty will come back from the Dark Side (Development) to DBAing!).

We have about 25 Oracle8i and 9i (mostly) databases, all but two of which are on HP-UX and Linux servers. Our hardware, LAN, and WAN are top-notch and kept upgraded. IFAS (Financials) and SASI (Student Info. System) are our two main COTS apps. We have good UNIX Admins and pretty good Developers (only a couple of which need an occasional whack). New 3rd Party apps mean new Linux servers and databases, so we're a dynamic, growing organization - 11,000 teachers and staff serving 80,000 students.

Experience with 9iAS / 10gAS and HTMLDB, in addition to all the "regular" DBA stuff, would be a huge plus.

Contact be offline for more details (like 23 paid holidays per year).

Thanks.

Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator Austin (Texas) Independent School District 512.414.9715 (wk)
512.935.5929 (pager)