HS connectivity with SQL*Server

From: Sriram Ramachandran <sriram_kr_2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 13:37:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

   We are currently using Oracle DB 9.2.0.5 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server and we use Oracle's generic connectivity for heterogenous connections to a non-oracle source(SQL*Server) to perform DML operations to and from the foreign system.

We will be migrating to RH Linux 3.0 shortly. I read on metalink that generic connectivity is not supported on linux until 10g. We are not planning to upgrade to 10g anytime soon. What are our options - we are already looking at transparent gateway but i'm told that the licensing costs are high.

Can someone suggest any third-party solutions or writing perl connectors(if that can even be done) to achieve the purpose?

Thanks,
Sriram

Do You Yahoo!?