Re: Analyze not working properly in 7.3.4

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 21:33:17 +0100

There is a bug mentioned in the 8.1.7 release notes. According to the notes the bug manifests itself when analyzing indexes only - bug number 1161906

"last_analyzed column in the view *_tables is filled with a corrupt date when only an index is ana The problem occurs because the date field is not set when CREATE INDEX ... COMPUTE STATISTICS is used.

Jared

On 5/2/05, Paul Baumgartel <paul.baumgartel_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I dimly remember (after all, this release is over 10 years old!)=20
> that, due to a bug, LAST_ANALYZED didn't get updated as it should. If
> the statistics are OK, and your SQL is performing acceptably, that's
> probably what's happening here.
>
> --=20
> Paul Baumgartel
> paul.baumgartel_at_gmail.com
>
> On 5/2/05, Smith, Ron L. <rlsmith_at_kmg.com> wrote:
> > I run an Analyze estimate on all my tables and indexes every
> weekend.=3D2=
> 0
> > But for some reason the LAST ANALYZED column of USER_TAB_COLUMNS as well
> > as LAST ANALYZED in USER TABLES=3D20
> > indicates that the tables and indexes have not been analyzed in a year.
> > The statistics on each object appear to be correct.

Jared Still