Re: Migrating Oracle 9i Oracle Fail Safe Cluster to Windows 2000 Active Directory

From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:45:18 -0400

Mark,

Although I have no experience of Fail safe on AD server, but our platform engieering moving database servers from NT4 domain to AD servers. The most common mistake is to set up ORA-DBA group on AD server which is stopping you to login as SYSDBA without password. Please request them to follow instructions given by Oracle doc Note:204289.1 for proper setup of Oracle DBA accounts. Your Oracle ids must be a part of ADMIN and ORACLE_DBA groups and that server must be defined properly in ADS.

HTH, Regards
Rafiq