Re: Migrating Oracle 9i Oracle Fail Safe Cluster to Windows 2000 Active Directory

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:40:01 -0400

On 4/21/05, Patterson, M. (Mark) - Swords <Mark.Patterson_at_organon.ie> wrote= :
> Migrating Oracle 9i Oracle Fail Safe Cluster to Windows 2000 =3D Active
> Directory

>=20

> Hi,
>=20

> We will shortly be =3D commencing a migration of our clustered production
> database from its =3D current NT4 domain to an Active Directory domain.
>=20

> The database is =3D clustered on a two node Oracle Fail Safe cluster.
> Does anybody have =3D any experience with and advice on steps, potential
> pitfalls, other considerations =3D etc. on the above please?
>=20

> Environment =3D info:
> Server(s): HP Proliant DL580 G2 =3D (*2)
> OS: =3D =3D MS Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4
> Software: Oracle =3D 9.2.0.5.0 Enterprise Edition
> =3D =3D Oracle Fail Safe 3.3.2
> =3D =3D Microsoft Cluster Service
> =3D
> Many =3D thanks,
> Mark.

On the (windows) client side ... expect to get ORA-12638: credential retrieval failed messages. The default sqlnet.ora file in the 8.1.7 client had sqlnet.authentication_services=3D(NTS). An MS NT4 domain ignored this. An MS Active Directory domain will try to authenticate the user account against the directory, not the password hashes in the dictionary.

hth.

Paul

--=20
#/etc/init.d/init.cssd stop
-- f=3Dma, divide by 1, convert to moles.