RE: How to clear JQ lock --killing associated SID is not helping me

From: Singer, Phillip (P.W.) <psinger1_at_ford.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:26:20 -0500

>Env: 8.1.7 OPS, Solaris
>
>Job#100 is not running as scheduled(not even manually) because the job
>is locked
>by SID 10. I killed SID 10 yesterday but still the lock is not=20
>released. Also=20
>there is no OS process associated with this SID.
>
>SQL> SELECT sid, type, id1, id2
>FROM v$lock
>WHERE type =3D 'JQ'; 2 3 =20
>=20
> SID TY ID1 ID2
>---------- -- ---------- ----------
> 10 JQ 0 100
>=20
>SQL> select sid,serial#,status,last_call_et,logon_time,process=20
>from v$session=20
>where sid=3D10;
>=20
> SID SERIAL# STATUS LAST_CALL_ET LOGON_TIME PROCESS
> 10 163 KILLED 1203947 03/07/05 12:23:58
>
>How to clear this lock, so that the job will run automatically=20
>as scheduled.
>
>Thanks in advance
>--Sami

Last week I had a similar looking problem. Query v$session_wait and see if you are waiting on any latches. I found I was waiting for a library cache pin (for several hour).

The fix was to identify the process holding the latch and kill it. MetaLink gives some information on how to identify a process holding a latch (the v$ views do not, as it is never supposed to be held long enough to do you any good). Unfortunately, I don't have the exact query I used right at hand.

Another thought: Did you forget to kill the o/s process behind that Oracle process? =20