How to clear JQ lock --killing associated SID is not helping me

From: Sami Seerangan <dba.orcl_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:57:38 -0500

Env: 8.1.7 OPS, Solaris

Job#100 is not running as scheduled(not even manually) because the job is locked
by SID 10. I killed SID 10 yesterday but still the lock is not released. Also there is no OS process associated with this SID.

SQL> SELECT sid, type, id1, id2
FROM v$lock
WHERE type = 'JQ'; 2 3

       SID TY ID1 ID2

        10 JQ 0 100

SQL> select sid,serial#,status,last_call_et,logon_time,process from v$session where sid=10;

       SID SERIAL# STATUS LAST_CALL_ET LOGON_TIME PROCESS

        10 163 KILLED 1203947 03/07/05 12:23:58 How to clear this lock, so that the job will run automatically as scheduled.

Thanks in advance
--Sami
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Mar 21 2005 - 11:01:12 CST