RE: hot-backup recovery question

From: Hollis, Les <Les.Hollis_at_ps.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:40:22 -0600

We do this very thing every night plus we rename the database and add indexes for reporting purposes.

Are you copying over any logfiles and applying them before you try to open? I didn't see that in your steps.

You will need to copy over the logfiles n use when yopu started the alter tablespace begin backup, any logfiles generated during the mirror copy and the last logfile generated . When you do the alter tablespace end backup, immediately do an alter system switch logfile and copy that one over as well.

Apply the logfiles and after the last one is applied then type cancel;

Then you can do your alter database open resetlogs.