Re: Calculating archivedlog file size per day

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 08:44:12 -0700

There is one interesting bit of information stored in the "alert.log" that, to my knowledge, is not stored anywhere within the database, and that is a record of the assignment of a log sequence# to an online log group# and member#(s). This is useful information when calculating how much redo I/O is occurring on a specific file-system.