when does the lost datafile get noticed

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 08:17:59 -0500

Oracle 9.2.0.6
solaris 9

I was testing some rman stuff yesterday. I deleted a datafile from a users tablespace(only one datafile in the tablespace, they only had quota on that tablespace). I then monitored the alter log to see when it would show up. I also ran a bunch of queries on v$datafile, dba_data_files. I was able to keep creating tables as that user, insert/update delete, never any error. I issued numerouse alter system checkpoints, switched the logfiles over 10 times (only have 3 redo logs). But nothing ever showed up as a problem. Only when I issued shutdown immediate did the error get puked out. Did I miss something? Is there another view I should be watching, or does this go back to the inode post a few days back.

Thanks
Mike