how to clone via RMAN?

From: Zabair Ahmed <roon987_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:18:30 +0000 (GMT)

Has anyone restored a database via RMAN from one node to another. The ORACLE_SID will be different and also the directory structure will be different.

If so, can anyone provide some pointers. I've found a couple of documents on Metalink: 73912.1 and 73974.1 but they don't exactly cover my particular scenario.

9.2.0.4 on Solaris 2.8.

PS

This is also a RAC database.

TIA