RE: how to clone via RMAN?

From: Aragon, Gabriel (GE Commercial Finance) <gabriel.aragon_at_ge.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:59:21 -0500

Use Duplicate RMAN command is available from 8.1.5, but prior to that = version you can do it using individual commands.

My experience to duplicate using rman with different versions in Win2k = is not good, it was necessary to have similar versions in both servers, = but I know people who did this with different oracle versions in unix = w/o problem.

See :

Note:73974.1 - RMAN: Restoring an RMAN Backup to Another Node
Note:228257.1 - RMAN Duplicate Database in Oracle9i
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10500_01/server.920/a96566/rcmdu=

=3Dpdb.htm

GAP -----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Zabair Ahmed Sent: Jueves, 03 de Marzo de 2005 03:18 a.m. To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: how to clone via RMAN?

Has anyone restored a database via RMAN from one node to another.=20 The ORACLE_SID will be different and also the directory structure will = be different.
=20

If so, can anyone provide some pointers. I've found a couple of documents on Metalink: 73912.1 and 73974.1 but = they don't exactly cover my particular scenario.
=20

9.2.0.4 on Solaris 2.8.
=20

PS=20