Re: UltraSearch 10g: Moving indexes to new TS, crawler errors, and robot excluding.

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:27:59 -0500

Jesse, Rich wrote:

>Hey all,
>
>Anyone here using Oracle's Ultra Search? The MetaLink forum is =
>apparently unmonitored and even Google hasn't helped much. I've got =
>some outstanding issues (at least three) on our 10.1.0.3.0 Ultra Search =
>instance running on Solaris9.
>
>First, after successfully crawling our intranet, I see that the =
>DR$WK$DOC_PATH_IDX$I table (presumably an Oracle Text object) is growing =
>much larger than I had expected. While there's no immediate need, =
>should I want to move this to another tablespace, how? I seem to =
>remember that Oracle does not support the movement of some Oracle Text =
>objects, but I'll be darned if I can find info on this.

Raja from A&E (Subbiah Nagarajan, a member of this list) uses UltraSEarch on Oracle9i (actually, A&E does). Raja used to be my boss and I was moving those indexes around without much problem. He has had quite a few
procedures to do so. I am sure that moving things around is supported, but I don't remember exactly if there were any limitations. He might be able to help you. To my surprise very few people actually use UltraSearch, maybe because it's so poorly documented. UltraSearch documentation really sucks and there are no 3rd party books on the subject.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA