UltraSearch 10g: Moving indexes to new TS, crawler errors, and robot excluding.

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 11:42:30 -0600

Hey all,

Anyone here using Oracle's Ultra Search? The MetaLink forum is = apparently unmonitored and even Google hasn't helped much. I've got = some outstanding issues (at least three) on our 10.1.0.3.0 Ultra Search = instance running on Solaris9.

First, after successfully crawling our intranet, I see that the = DR$WK$DOC_PATH_IDX$I table (presumably an Oracle Text object) is growing = much larger than I had expected. While there's no immediate need, = should I want to move this to another tablespace, how? I seem to = remember that Oracle does not support the movement of some Oracle Text = objects, but I'll be darned if I can find info on this.

Second, I'm getting some crawler errors in the logs. It started off = with an ORA-00001 on WK$CACHE_PK and has seemingly turned into = "ORA-01003, no statement parsed" since. MetaLink says the ORA-1 is = fixed and there's no articles on the latter. Methinks not.

Third, I'm using a robots.txt file to exclude the web paths to be = crawled, but since our intranet uses frames (despite my insistance that = frames are evil, like the fruits of the devil, evil) the navigation = frames are being included in the crawl. I've tested using the ROBOTS = META tag to disregard indexing the navbar, but follow it's links, but it = looks like Ultra Search ignores those. Anyone successfully use a = different method?

If this is like my previous Ultra Search posts, I won't hold my breath = for an answer...

TIA anyway,
Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse_at_quadtechworld.com      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA