Re: How to check Lock SQL - Please help

From: Thomas Day <tomday2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:10:46 -0500

Are your primary key and foreign key expressed through indexes?

You also might try the script below.

I'm sorry that I can't understand your problem any better but I hope this helps.

--blocker.sql
/*
Finds (most of the time) the SQL that is locking a row */
-- Posted by "Mark Leith" <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk> on Oracle-L -- from: (www.cool-tools.co.uk >Support > User Defined Collections > BLOCKER)

        select l.sid sid,
                 s.username username,
                 s.program program,
                 t.sql_text,
                 u.name owner,
                 o.name object,
                 l.type type,
                 lmode,
                 decode (lmode,1,'NULL',2,'Row Share',3,'Row
Exclusive',4,'Share',5,'Share Row',6,'Exclusive') 		     mode_desc,
                 request,
                 decode (request,1,'NULL',2,'Row Share',3,'Row
Exclusive',4,'Share',5,'Share Row',6,'Exclusive') 		     request_desc
             from v$lock l,
                  v$session s,
                  sys.obj$ o,
                  sys.user$ u,