RE: Oracle Partition Help

From: Mohan, Ross <RMohan_at_arbinet.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:37:37 -0000

you'll get the max partitioning bennies if you "ask" for them, by = partition-pruning (to the extent possible, natch) in your SQL. Try to = find some semantically-relevant way of getting "....WHERE COL1=3D...." = in your query and you'll be good.=20

If you can't partition-prune, brace yourself for potentially brutal = global scans, and you=20
might want to keep your part/global tab/idx stats up to snuff.=20