Basic replication question

From: John Dunn <jdunn_at_sefas.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:47:37 -0000

I am experimenting with replication for teh first time(Oracle 9i) and wondering whether basic replication will provide what I need.

I will have 1 master site and 2 sites where read-only snapshots will need to be refreshed.

I would like to have control over when the snapshots at the 2 sites are updated. I would like to be able to initiate the refresh of the 2 snapshot sites from the master site.

Since the refresh groups exist at the snapshot sites, Is what I want possible?

John