Re: Basic replication question

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 06:56:09 -0800

John Dunn wrote:

> I am experimenting with replication for teh first time(Oracle 9i) and
> wondering whether basic replication will provide what I need.
>
> I will have 1 master site and 2 sites where read-only snapshots will need to
> be refreshed.
>
> I would like to have control over when the snapshots at the 2 sites are
> updated. I would like to be able to initiate the refresh of the 2 snapshot
> sites from the master site.
>
> Since the refresh groups exist at the snapshot sites, Is what I want
> possible?
>
> John

The use of scheduled (automatic) refreshes (and even refresh groups) is optional, so yes you should be able to do what you want. Simply don't schedule any refreshes at the snapshot sites, and then execute DBMS_REFRESH.REFRESH from wherever you want on your network, whenever you want.

--
Mark Bole
http://www.bincomputing.com