RE: Deletion Of 160 Million Rows.

From: Andre van Winssen <awinssen_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:27:08 +0100

It is not just a matter of following asktom advices, it is also about understanding what you cause in production systems with your actions. Usually I am constrained to reducing downtime/locking risks to the minimum. If an auditing table gets updated all the time by the whole user community all over the world 24*7 it requires careful design to achieve the no downtime goal.

Regards,
Andre van Winssen