Re: database links and performance

From: <tboss_at_bossconsulting.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 11:36:39 -0500 (EST)

Selects from a dblink are "ok" performance-wise ... we've donesome rudimentary benchmarking and seen very slight performance hits by including dblink'ed tables in joins. Doing any sort of insert/update/delete over a dblink will be a huge performance hit.

We've also seen bugs when using dblink'd tables in applications. You cannot get query rewrite to work on any MV built on a base table located over a dblink. (which kinda defeats the purpose of MVs in the first place).

boss