Re: Benefits of using Windows 2003 instead of 2002

From: Giovanni Cuccu <gcuccu_at_dianoema.it>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:15:34 +0100

Hi Juan Carlos,

        I can tell you a disvantage. Under win2003 you are not able to do a RMAN backup on a shared resource mapped as a network drive, i.e. if you want to backup 8with RMAN) to f:\ where f: is a network mapped drive you can't; you can however succedd using unc names or \\ip_address\resource This behaviour has been confirmed by Oracle Support (I opende a TAr for this).
Under win2000 all works well.
This for Oracle 9.2.X
Giovanni

--