Re: Consistent gets -- question

From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 06:06:43 -0800 (PST)

Hi Sat,

If ETL tool is doing bulk (or direct path) inserts (as it should be) and you can store 100 rows into the db block then you can have 0.01 block per row if no indexes/constraints on the table.

More indexes and constraints will give you more reads as in 1.

Regards,
Zoran Martic
"Oracle DBA"

Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we. http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail