Re: When one can call oneself expert

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:38:40 -0500

Niall Litchfield wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:35:47 -0400, Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco
><jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi, this is a conceptual question, if you can please
>>
>>I want to expose a course about 10g new features, and I was thinking when I
>>could say
>>Juan Carlos Reyes ORACLE EXPERT (I'm not going to say that still)
>>

>that sites like Jonathan's and Steve's (to be invidious and name but
>2) contain evidence of their quality of work in addition to their
>opinions on various matters.

Of course, there are sites like www.centrex.cc, www.hotsos.com,

www.oraperf.com,
www.juliandyke.com, asktom.oracle.com, www.dizwell.com and
www.miracleas.dk

where people do pretend to have expertize and yet nobody really says that they
are experts.
(ducking and running for my kevlar vest)
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA
Ext. 121