RE: Oracle9i data file size limitations on HPUX 11.11

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 09:45:59 -0500

Of course, you can have bigfile tablespace, containing a single moderatly large file, containing up to 4G blocks, up to 32kb long. This makes the largest supported file size equal to 128 TB. There is, however, a catch: you will have to upgrade to 10G to do that. Bigfile tablespaces are not supported in 9.2. If you do upgrade and use bigfile tablespaces, be aware that there are significant limitations with ROWID columns. Contrary to the popular belief, size does matter.
--

Mladen Gogala
Ext. 121