Oracle9i data file size limitations on HPUX 11.11

From: Loughmiller, Greg <greg.loughmiller_at_cingular.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:17:39 -0600

Hey guys,

Quick question. We are working on an effort that will have a multiple Terabyte database. I am seeing conflicting information about the max size of a data file that Oracle will support. I see where a "vendor" indicates a 1.9TB data file in their proposal. But what I'm finding in the Oracle Doc is approx 127GB (32K block size). And the typical search of the web turns up yet a different answer.....

So, I'm making the assumption of "4 million blocks max per data file" * the block size to derive the max oracle data file size (I'm not worried about the OS limitations at this time).

Am I off track here? Making an incorrect assumption?

Thanks!

Greg Loughmiller